I have always loved to cook and try new recipes, but, my problem has always been time. I love to find an interesting recipe, change it up a bit and then surprise my hubby with a tasty meal. Baking is my absolute favorite, but with all the calories, I try to stay away from that.
I spend A LOT of time on Pinterest pinning recipes that look really good. However, last night I felt stuck. I had chicken in the refrigerator but I was not sure what to do with the chicken. I did some searching on Pinterest to find interesting chicken recipes but didn’t see anything I liked. As a last resort, I googled “chicken recipes.” Still no luck. Then I remembered the local honey sitting in my pantry that I thought would be an interesting ingredient with chicken. BAM – got my computer out again and used that google machine to find a chicken recipe with honey. It was a delicious success.
Enjoy – we sure did!!
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- Place egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and seasonings. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Meanwhile, combine butter and honey. Serve with chicken.
1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons honey butter equals 488 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 173 mg cholesterol, 676 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.